- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz can white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 lb pasta noodles (Ditalini, Penne or Macaroni)
- Drain and rinse the beans and set aside.
- Cook the noodles and set them aside to be added to the pasta later.
- In a large cocotte, cook the olive oil and garlic on high and sauté until brown.
- Add in the chicken broth, onions, tomatoes, basil, white kidney beans, and any additional vegetables. Let simmer for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes and vegetables soften.
- Add in the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
*Mix up the recipe by adding additional vegetables such as mushrooms, carrots and celery. Use whole grain pasta for a healthier option!