Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Ingredients for 3.5 cups (840 g)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 6 ounces (170 g) roasted red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (120 g) tahini paste
- 2 ½ Tablespoon (38 ml) lemon juice
- 2 (6 g) garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups (720 g) canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to high.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, until desired consistency is reached.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.